Baked apples with warm spices are perfect low-carb snacks for the holiday season. Serve with whipped cream or low-carb ice cream if you are looking for a special treat.
Serving Size 6
Ingredients for Baked Apple
- Apples, 4-6 medium sized (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Pink Lady apples are good options)
- Low-carb brown sweetener, ½ Cup
- Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon
- Sea salt, ⅛ teaspoon
- Butter, melted, 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice, 1 Tablespoon
- Water, 2 Tablespoon
- Arrowroot Flour, 1 Tablespoon
- Whipped cream (optional)
Instructions for Baked Apple
- Preheat the oven to 177˚C or 350˚F.
- Peel apples and remove the core. Slice thinly and spread well in a baking dish.
- Mix sweetener and spices together in a bowl. Add melted butter, lemon juice, water, and arrowroot flour.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and coat well.
- Bake the apples covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes until the apples are soft and caramelized.
- Take out and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Watch How to Make This Recipe
Other Low-Carb Snacks
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Banana Flaxseed Bread
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Sunflower Seed Crust
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Carrot Cupcake
- Coconut Flour Pound Cake
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Muffins
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds