Inspired by a popular Korean dish, beef marinated with low-carb bulgogi sauce paired with crispy lettuce is a perfect dish for a picnic, lunch, or party. For a gluten-free version, use Tamari sauce (check the label) to marinate the beef. You can also choose other kinds of protein if you prefer.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Beef Lettuce Wrap
For initial marinade
- Minced or thinly sliced beef, 500 gram
- Low-carb sweetener (stevia, monkfruit or erythritol), 3.5 Tablespoon
- Minced onion, 2 Tablespoon
For bulgogi sauce
- Tamari sauce or gluten-free soy sauce, 5.5 Tablespoon
- Garlic, minced, 2 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil, 3 Tablespoon
- Ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Onion, 1/2, sliced
- Carrot, 1/4, sliced
- Sesame seeds, 1/2 Tablespoon for garnish
- Scallion, 1, chopped for garnish
Instructions for Beef Lettuce Wrap
1.Marinate beef with sweetener and minced onion first. Set aside for thirty minutes.
2.Mix Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ground pepper to make bulgogi sauce. Add the sauce to the beef marinade.
3. Slice onion and carrot thinly. Mix them with the beef mixture.
4. Stir fry the beef, onion, and carrot in a frying pan at a medium to high temperature.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
6. Serve with lettuce.