Extremely simple yet delicious, this bento “kuwayaki” chicken is lightly coated with arrowroot flour and pan fried with a sweet savory glaze. Perfect for a picnic or lunch box. Serve with blanched broccoli for a quick, nutritious meal.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Bento Chicken
- Chicken thighs, boneless, skin on, about 600-700 gram
- Arrowroot flour, 1 Tablespoon
- Sake, 1/4 Cup
- Water, 1/4 Cup
- Tamari Sauce, 2 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 1.5 Tablespoon
- Avocado oil or other neutral tasting oil for pan frying
- Blanched broccoli, 1 large head or about 500 gram
Instructions for Bento Chicken
1.Remove excess skin and fat from chicken thighs. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
2.Lightly coat chicken with arrowroot flour.
3.In a small bowl, make a simple sauce by mixing sake, water, tamari, and low-carb sweetener.
4.Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Pan fry the chicken about 3 minutes per side until it is cooked thoroughly.
5. Add the sauce and let it simmer until chicken is well glazed.
6.Serve with blanched broccoli. This dish is perfect for a picnic or lunch box.
Watch How to Make Bento Chicken
Other Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Simple Meals
- Bulgogi with Lettuce Wrap
- Cabbage Salad with Miso Dressing
- Chili Lime Steak
- Coleslaw with Yogurt Dressing
- Galbi (Korean barbecue)
- Korean Garden Salad
- Garlic Lemon Chicken Legs
- Peach Salsa
- Spice Chicken
- Strawberry Rhubarb Salad
- Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
- Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers
- Teriyaki Tofu Skewers
- Tortilla Chips
- Vegan Chickpea Wrap
- Walnut Shrimp
- Zesty Shrimps with Avocado Dip