This butter chicken is rich, creamy, and easy to prepare. Its full flavour comes from healthy spices, garlic, and ginger mixed with full fat yogurt, butter, and tomato paste. Serve this delicious dish with rice or naan.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Butter Chicken
- Chicken thighs, 500-600 gram
- Full fat plain greek yogurt, 1/2 Cup
- Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala, 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder, 1 teaspoon
- Cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Minced garlic, 2 Tablespoon
- Minced or grated Ginger, 1 Tablespoon
- Onion, 1 finely chopped
- Heavy cream, 1 Cup
- Tomato paste, 1 Cup
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter, 1 Tablespoon for greasing frying pan
- Parsley for garnish
Instructions for Butter Chicken
1. Cut chicken thighs into bite size pieces.
2. Mix yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and cumin for chicken marinade.
3. Put the chicken into the sauce and set aside for 3 hours.
4. Grease a frying pan with butter. Stir fry onions, garlic, and ginger.
5. Add chicken and marinade sauce to the frying pan and cook thoroughly.
6. Pour heavy cream and tomato paste to the chicken and stir well. Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
7. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve with rice or naan.