Baked chickpea “meatballs” with chickpea pasta in marinara sauce are rich in flavor and packed with nutrition. Chickpea meatballs are great options if you wish to incorporate more plant-based meals into your everyday life. They are also versatile: you can bake or pan fry them and eat with different kinds of sauce: Indian curry, Thai curry, or simple marinara sauce. For this recipe, we used chickpea spaghetti pasta instead of traditional wheat pasta to increase protein, fiber, and phytoestrogen.
Serving Size: 4-6
Ingredients for Chickpea Meatball Pasta
- Canned chickpeas, 2 Cups, drained and rinsed
- Ground chia seeds, 2 Tablespoon
- Water, 6 Tablespoon
- Onion, 1, chopped
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- Dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika or smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander, 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin, 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh parsley, 1/4 Cup
- Arrowroot flour, 1/2 Cup
- Almond flour, 1/2 Cup
- Olive oil, 2 Tablespoon, for brushing
- Chickpea Spaghetti Pasta, 227 gram
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Onion, 1/2, chopped
- Marinara Sauce, 24 ounce
- Scallions or parsley, chopped, for garnish
Instructions for Chickpea Meatball Pasta
1.Make chia egg by mixing ground chia seeds and water. Set aside the chia egg while preparing for other ingredients. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
2.Drain and rinse canned chickpeas. In a processor or blender, add chickpeas, chopped onion, and garlic and mix until combined. Add the herbs, spices, chia egg, and arrowroot flour and pulse until dough forms.
3.Move the mixture to a bowl and add almond flour to coat it. Take a small amount of dough and roll into about a 2 cm sized ball. If the dough is too sticky to handle, use more almond flour to coat the mixture. If it’s too dry, add a little bit of oil or water.
4.In a lined baking sheet, place the chickpea meatballs evenly. Brush them with olive oil.
5.Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes at 190˚C (375˚F). Flip them and bake additional 10-15 minutes until the edges turn golden and crispy on the outside. Set aside.
6.Bring a pot of water to a boil. Put chickpea spaghetti pasta and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain and set aside.
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, stir fry garlic and onion until soft. Add marinara sauce and stir. Add back the cooked pasta and chickpea meatballs and mix well.
8.Sprinkle chopped scallions or parsley for garnish and serve.
Watch How to Make Chickpea Meatball Pasta
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Agedashi Tofu
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Eggplant Chickpea Stew
- Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Eggplant in Sesame Sauce
- Garlic Spinach
- Korean Style Tofu
- Lentil Curry
- Miso-Glazed Eggplant
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Stir Fried Broccoli with Garlic
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Vegan Chickpea Meatballs in Creamy Curry Sauce
- Vegan Palak Paneer
- White Bean Dip
- Wreath Salad