This recipe uses chickpea pasta, instead of traditional wheat pasta to create spaghetti alle vongole. Increase the nutritional content of your meal by adding more phytoestrogens and omega 3 acids to your diet.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Chickpea Pasta with Clams
- Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil, 1/3 cup
- Clams, 1 kg
- Chicken stock, 1 Cup
- White wine, 1 Cup
- Chickpea spaghetti or linguini, 200 gram
- Parsley, chopped, 1/2 Cup
Instructions for Chickpea Pasta with Clams
- Soak clams in cold water.
- In a frying pan, pour olive oil and put minced garlic and red flakes. Stir fry quickly until the garlic becomes soft.
- Add clams, chicken stock, and white wine.
- Cover the lid and simmer until clams are open. Discard unopened clams.
- In a separate pot, boil water with sea salt and put pasta. Take out the pasta one minute before what’s suggested by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the cooked pasta to the clam mix and blend well. Sprinkle parsley before serving.