Ingredients for Chili Shrimp
- Large shrimps, peeled and deveined, 25-30
- Arrowroot powder, 2 Tablespoon
- Ginger, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Scallion, white part, chopped, 2 Tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, 2 Tablespoon (if you are not restricted by diet, you can use regular soy sauce)
- Sake, 2 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- La doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), 2 Tablespoon
- Ketchup, low-carb, 6 Tablespoon
- Water, ½ Cup
- Scallion, green part, chopped, 1 Tablespoon for garnish
Instructions for Chili Shrimp
1.Pat dry peeled and deveined shrimps with a paper towel.
2.Coat shrimps with arrowroot powder.
3. Pour a generous amount of oil in the frying pan. Cook shrimps 1 minute per side. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, stir fry ginger, garlic, and the white part of chopped scallions until they turn soft.
5. Put water, ketchup, Tamari sauce (if you are not restricted by diet you can use regular soy sauce), sake, and sweetener, and La doubanjiang (spicy bean paste) sauce and stir well to avoid any clumps
6. Add back the shrimps to the sauce and mix well. If you prefer a thicker sauce, sprinkle a little bit of arrowroot powder.
7. Garnish with the green part of chopped scallions and serve.
Watch How to Make Chili Shrimp
Other Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Chinese Recipes You Might Like
- Black Sesame Tang Yuan
- Broccoli Garlic
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Longevity Noodle
- Mung Bean Sprout Stir Fry
- Pan Fried Whole Fish
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Pepper Steak
- Salt and Pepper Fish
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Shrimps with Mung Bean Glass Noodle
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tangerine Beef
- Walnut Shrimp