Ingredients for Celeriac Mash
- Celeriac, 1, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- Butter, unsalted, 3 Tablespoon
- Garlic, 6 cloves, minced
- Heavy cream, ⅓ Cup
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ⅛ teaspoon
- Olive oil or more butter to drizzle
- Scallion, chopped, for garnish
- More salt and pepper to taste if needed
Instructions for Celeriac Mash
1.Using a sharp kitchen knife, slice off the top and bottom tips and peel the skin of the celeriac. Chop it into bite size pieces.
2.Bring water to a boil and sprinkle sea salt. Add the chopped celeriac, close the lid, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes soft enough for a fork to slide easily. Drain and set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat butter and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic becomes tender.
4. Add back the cooked celeriac to the garlic butter.
5. Mash the celeriac either by hand or with a potato masher or puree in a food processor, depending on your preferred consistency.
6. Add heavy cream, sea salt, and ground black pepper to the mash and blend well.
7. Transfer the mash to a bowl and drizzle olive oil or add more butter. Garnish with chopped scallions and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Storage Instructions for Leftovers
The leftover celeriac mash can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator upto five days. Heat up the celeriac in a microwave for one minute and serve. Drizzle more olive oil or serve with butter.