A simple pan fried Barramundi (Asian Sea Bass) with a perfectly crispy skin is delicious, easy to make, and great with seasonal vegetables like asparagus for the spring. Drizzle lemon and brown butter sauce with chopped parsley right before serving.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Crispy Skin Barramundi and Asparagus
- Barramundi Fillets, about 600 gram total, cut into individual pieces
- Sea salt to sprinkle on both sides of the fish
- Avocado oil for pan frying
- Oven safe pan (if fillets are thick)
- Asparagus, trimmed, a bunch
- Lemon wedges for garnish
For Browned Butter Sauce
- Butter, unsalted, 1/2 Cup
- Lemon juice, 2 Tablespoon
- Parsley, chopped, 1/4 Cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Barramundi and Asparagus
1.Pat dry barramundi fillets very well with paper towels. This will help with crispy skin.
2.Season with sea salt on both sides. Preheat the oven 200˚C (392˚F) or fan oven 180˚C or (356˚F).
3.Heat avocado oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium high heat. Pan fry barramundi fillets skin side down. Press them for 10 seconds each. Cook the fish without flipping to the other side for about 3 minutes until the skin gets crispy.
4.Put the oven-safe pan in the oven and cook fish thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Take out when ready and set aside. If the fillets are thin enough, you can skip this step and simply flip the fish to the other side and cook for another couple of minutes until thoroughly cooked.
5.Heat butter in a small light coloured pot for about 3 minutes until browned. Transfer to a small bowl and add lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Add chopped parsley.
6.Blanch asparagus after trimming by putting it in a pot of boiled salt water for a couple of minutes. Take out immediately and ice bath until cool. Drain and set aside.
7. Assemble the dish by putting crispy skin fish, asparagus and lemon wedges. Drizzle the butter sauce right before serving.
Watch How to Make Pan Fried Barramundi with Asparagus
Other Spring Recipes You Might Like
- Asian Cabbage Salad
- Beef Lettuce Wrap
- Berry Trifle
- Carrot Cupcake
- Cold Sesame Noodle
- Creamed Kale
- Easy Garlic Herb Lamb
- Garlic Lemon Chicken Legs
- Korean Garden Salad
- Lemon Garlic Sea Bass
- Lemon Loaf
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
- Spinach Garlic
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Strawberry Mousse
- Strawberry Rhubarb Spring Salad