Ingredients for Curry Chicken Salad
- Chicken thighs, bone in and skin on, 6 thighs
- Avocado oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil, 1-2 Tablespoon
- Red onion, ¼ Cup, chopped
- Garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, grated, 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry powder, 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric, ½ teaspoon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Water, ⅓ Cup
- Mayonnaise, 1 Cup
- Juice of a half lemon
- Celery stalk, 1, finely chopped
- Apple, 1/2 , finely chopped (optional)
- Roasted pecan, finely chopped, ⅓ Cup
- Scallion, finely chopped, ¼ Cup
- Butter lettuce
Instructions for Curry Chicken Salad
1.Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F).
2.Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels. Place them in a baking dish with the skin side up and rub avocado oil on the skin. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and pepper.
3. Bake the chicken for about 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74˚C (165˚F). Set aside and cool down.
4. In a saucepan, add olive oil and chopped onions. Cook until onions become soft. Add grated ginger and minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper, curry powder, and turmeric to the saucepan and mix well. Add water and low-carb sweetener and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Turn off the stove and let the curry sauce cool.
6.Mix the cooled curry sauce with mayo and the juice of a half lemon.
7.When the chicken cools down, remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Chop the meat into small pieces.
8.Add chopped celery, apple, roasted pecan, scallions, and chicken to the curry mayo sauce and mix well. Adjust seasoning to your taste. You can remove the apple if you have a restricted carb requirement.
9.Serve the curry chicken with butter lettuce. You can also make a sandwich with the curry chicken.
10.Keep the chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. It can also be frozen for 2 months.
Watch Curry Chicken Salad Video
Other Side Dishes You Might Like
- Apple Cranberry Salad
- Asian Cabbage Salad with Miso Ginger Dressing
- Broccoli Garlic
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Coleslaw with Low-Carb Yogurt Dressing
- Eggplant in Sesame Sauce
- Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Korean Garden Salad
- Orange Walnut Salad
- Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Raspberry Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Radish
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli