Curry chicken salad is a versatile dish. It can be served as a wrap or can be used in a sandwich. You can bake chicken thighs with skin for juicy meat or just use cooked chicken meat to save time. Enjoy low-carb curry chicken salad mixed with rich, healthy spices with anti-inflammatory benefits. Serve it on butter lettuce or low-carb bread.
- Chicken thighs, bone in and skin on, 6 thighs
- Avocado oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil, 1-2 Tablespoon
- Red onion, ¼ Cup, chopped
- Garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, grated, 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry powder, 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric, ½ teaspoon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Water, ⅓ Cup
- Mayonnaise, 1 Cup
- Juice of a half lemon
- Celery stalk, 1, finely chopped
- Apple, 1/2 , finely chopped (optional)
- Roasted pecan, finely chopped, ⅓ Cup
- Scallion, finely chopped, ¼ Cup
- Butter lettuce
1.Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F).
2.Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels. Place them in a baking dish with the skin side up and rub avocado oil on the skin. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and pepper.
3. Bake the chicken for about 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74˚C (165˚F). Set aside and cool down.
4. In a saucepan, add olive oil and chopped onions. Cook until onions become soft. Add grated ginger and minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper, curry powder, and turmeric to the saucepan and mix well. Add water and low-carb sweetener and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Turn off the stove and let the curry sauce cool.
6.Mix the cooled curry sauce with mayo and the juice of a half lemon.
7.When the chicken cools down, remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Chop the meat into small pieces.
8.Add chopped celery, apple, roasted pecan, scallions, and chicken to the curry mayo sauce and mix well. Adjust seasoning to your taste. You can remove the apple if you have a strict carb requirement.
9.Serve the curry chicken with butter lettuce. You can also make a sandwich with the curry chicken.
Keep the chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. It can also be frozen for 2 months.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb curry chicken salad, curry chicken salad, low carb curry chicken, low carb chicken salad