Ingredients for Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
- Canned chickpeas, 2 Cups, drained and rinsed
- Ground chia seeds, 2 Tablespoon
- Water, 6 Tablespoon
- Onion, 1, chopped
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- Dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika or smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander, 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin, 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh parsley, 1/4 Cup
- Arrowroot flour, 1/2 Cup
- Almond flour, 1/2 Cup
- Olive oil, 2 Tablespoon, for brushing
Ingredients for Creamy Tomato Curry Sauce
- Onion, 1, finely chopped
- Garlic, minced, 2 Tablespoon
- Ginger, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Garam masala, 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon, optional
- Coconut cream, 2 Cups
- Tomato paste, 2 Cups
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Instructions for Curry Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
1.Make chia egg by mixing ground chia seeds and water. Set aside the chia egg while preparing for other ingredients. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
2.Drain and rinse canned chickpeas. In a processor or blender, add chickpeas, chopped onion, and garlic and mix until combined. Add the herbs, spices, chia egg, and arrowroot flour and pulse until dough forms.
3.Move the mixture to a bowl and add almond flour to coat it. Take a small amount of dough and roll into about a 2 cm sized ball. If the dough is too sticky to handle, use more almond flour to coat the mixture. If it’s too dry, add a little bit of oil or water.
4.In a lined baking sheet, place the chickpea meatballs evenly. Brush them with olive oil.
5.Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes at 190˚C (375˚F). Flip them and bake additional 10-15 minutes until the edges turn golden and crispy on the outside. Set aside.
6.In a large oiled pan, stir fry chopped onion, garlic, and ginger until soft.
7.Add the spices and mix well to bring out the rich aroma.
8.Pour coconut cream and tomato paste to the pan. Stir well until the sauce thickens.
9.Throw the chickpea meatballs and combine well with the sauce.
10.Sprinkle chopped parsley for garnish. Serve with rice, naan, or salad.
Watch How to Make Curry Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Agedashi Tofu
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Eggplant Chickpea Stew
- Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Eggplant in Sesame Sauce
- Garlic Spinach
- Korean Style Tofu
- Lentil Curry
- Miso-Glazed Eggplant
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Stir Fried Broccoli with Garlic
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- White Bean Dip
- Wreath Salad