Ingredients for Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Dried green or brown lentils, 1/2 cup
- Vegetable broth, 2 cup
- Eggplants, 500 gram
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Cherry tomato, 200 gram
- Mixed green (spinach, lettuce, or kale), chopped, 1/4 cup
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
Ingredients for Low-Carb Miso Dressing
- White miso, 2 tablespoon
- Rice vinegar, 2 tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, 1 tablespoon (You can use soy sauce if you are not restricted by diet)
- Sesame oil, 2 tablespoon
- Ginger, grated, 1/2 teaspoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 tablespoon
Instructions for Eggplant Lentil Salad
1.In a pot, boil vegetable broth. Put dried lentils and close the lid. Simmer at a low to medium temperature for 25 minutes until soft. Turn off the stove, drain, and set aside.
2.Cut eggplants into bite sized pieces.
3.Grease a skillet with olive oil. Stir fry eggplants for a few minutes until they are soft.
4.In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients by putting chopped green vegetables, cooked lentil, chopped tomato, and eggplants.
5.In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients for miso dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Sprinkle chopped parsley for garnish.