Easy, one-pan dish with white fish, warm spices, and chickpeas is a perfect dish with many nutritional benefits and delicious flavors. You can use cod or any firm white fish. Serve with rice or your favorite salad.
Ingredients for Fish Curry with Chickpeas
- Avocado oil for pan frying
- Onion, 1, chopped
- Ground coriander, 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic, minced, 1.5 teaspoon
- Ginger, minced, 1 teaspoon
- Chopped tomato from can, 800 gram
- Chickpeas from can, 420 gram, drained
- Water, 1 Cup
- Tamarind Paste, 1/4 Cup
- Cod or firm white fish, 600-700 gram, cut into big pieces
- Coriander or parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Instructions for Fish Curry with Chickpeas
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan. Pan fry onions over medium high heat until onions turn golden and soft.
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, garlic, and ginger and stir well to combine.
- Add chopped tomato, chickpeas, and water. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Open the lid and pour tamarind paste. Throw in fish chunks and stir well to combine with the sauce.
- Close the lid and cook for other 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley or coriander for garnish. Squeeze lemon wedges on top before serving.
Watch How to Make Fish Curry with Chickpeas
Other Healthy Meals with Seafood or Chickpeas
- Cajun Blackened Salmon
- Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- Chicken and Chickpeas
- Chickpea Clam Pasta
- Chili Shrimp
- Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Crispy Skin Barramundi
- Eggplant Chickpea Stew
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Grilled Pineapple Fish
- Lemon Garlic Herb Sea Bass
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Miso Salmon
- Mussel Pasta
- Pan Fried Whole Fish
- Pomegranate Salmon
- Saba Misoni
- Salt and Pepper Fish
- Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Vegan Chickpea Wrap
- Walnut Shrimp
- Zesty Shrimps with Avocado Dip