Inspired by Cantonese steamed fish, this ginger and scallion fish can be prepared with easily accessible white fish fillets and lots of ginger and scallion in a sizzling, fragrant sauce. You can also use whole fish you you prefer.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Ginger Scallion Fish
- White fish fillets, 600 grams
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Ginger Scallion Sauce
- Ginger, thinly sliced 4 Tablespoon
- Scallion, 4, thinly sliced
- Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, 4 Tablespoon
- Water, 6 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon
- Avocado oil or other neutral tasting cooking oil, 4 Tablespoon
- Fresh scallions for garnish
Instructions for Ginger Scallion Fish
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over white fish.
- Steam fish for ten minutes.
- Mix Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, water, and sweetener in a bowl.
- Pour a generous amount of avocado oil or other neutral tasting cooking oil into a frying pan. Stir fry ginger. Add scallions.
- Add the sauce mixture to the frying pan.
- Take out the fish from the steamer. Pour the sizzling sauce over the fish immediately.
- Garnish with fresh scallions.