A perfect dish for a BBQ day, this lime chicken can be marinated in advance with simple ingredients. Enjoy punchy flavors from lime, cilantro, low-carb sweetener, tamari sauce, and garlic. Everyone will love this juicy, flavorful chicken grilled to perfection.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Grilled Lime Chicken
- Chicken thigh or breast, 600-800 gram
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of lime, 1/4 Cup
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Cilantro, minced, 3 Tablespoon (you can use parsley instead if you don’t like cilantro)
- Low-carb brown sweetener, 3 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, 2 Tablespoon
- Chili pepper, chopped, for optional garnish
Instructions for Grilled Lime Chicken
1.In a large bowl, mix lime zest, lime juice, minced garlic, finely chopped cilantro, sweetener, salt and pepper, olive oil, and tamari sauce.
2.Add chicken thighs or breasts to the marinade. Set it aside for at least 30 minutes or overnight for a deeper flavor.
3.Brush grills with oil and heat to medium high. Cook chicken for a few minutes per side until the surface turns brown and the inside is cooked thoroughly.
4.Serve with extra cilantro, lime juice, and chopped chili pepper.