A perfect dish for a BBQ day, this lime chicken can be marinated in advance with simple ingredients. Enjoy punchy flavors from lime, cilantro, low-carb sweetener, tamari sauce, and garlic. Everyone will love this juicy, flavorful chicken grilled to perfection.
- Chicken thigh or breast, 600-800 gram
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of lime, 1/4 Cup
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Cilantro, minced, 3 Tablespoon
- Low-carb brown sweetener, 3 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, 2 Tablespoon
- Chili pepper, chopped, for optional garnish
1.In a large bowl, mix lime zest, lime juice, minced garlic, finely chopped cilantro, sweetener, salt and pepper, olive oil, and tamari sauce.
2.Add chicken thighs or breasts to the marinade. Set it aside for at least 30 minutes or overnight for a deeper flavor.
3.Brush grills with oil and heat to medium high. Cook chicken for a few minutes per side until the surface turns brown and the inside is cooked thoroughly.
4.Serve with extra cilantro, lime juice, and chopped chili pepper.
- If you are not a big fan of cilantro, you can use parsley instead.
- Regular soy sauce is fine if you are not restricted by a gluten-free diet.
- You can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts with skin on. Cooking time will vary.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
Keywords: grilled lime chicken, gluten free lime chicken, low carb lime chicken, lime chicken recipes, grilled chicken recipes