Another grill recipe for the summer, this grilled pineapple fish adds lots of color and flavours without added sugar or gluten. We used red snapper for this recipe, but you can use any types of fish. Enjoy the bold color and flavour of a simple yet delicious meal. If you are not too concerned about carbs, you can add pineapple juice to the sauce.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Grilled Pineapple Fish
- Olive or avocado oil for your saucepan and grill
- Garlic, minced, 1.5 Tablespoon
- Ginger, grated, 1 Tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, 1/4 Cup
- Brown sweetener, low-carb, 1/4 Cup
- Juice from 3 limes (you can use pineapple juice instead if you are not too concerned about the carb count)
- Red bell pepper, 1, sliced
- Green bell pepper, 1, sliced
- Pineapple, Chunks, 1 cup
- Red Snapper, 600 gram
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Grilled Pineapple Fish
1.Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil or avocado oil. Put minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for a couple of minutes. Add tamari sauce, brown sweetener, and lime juice and stir well. Set aside.
2.Grease your grill over medium high heat. Cook bell pepper and pineapple chunks until slightly charred. Set aside on a plate until fish is cooked.
3.Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on red snapper. Grill the fish a few minutes per side.
4.Add back the grilled bell pepper and pineapple to the fish. Pour the sauce and coat the fish with the glaze for a couple of minutes.
5.Serve with rice or your favorite salad.