Enjoy this luscious pie with fresh blueberries and low-carb, gluten-free filling and home-made crust during the upcoming holiday season. Full of healthy ingredients like chia seeds, berries, and almond flour, this sumptuous pie is bursting with juicy berries and a delicious flaky crust!
Serving Size: 8
Ingredients for Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Blanched almond flour, 2 Cup
- Coconut flour, 1/2 Cup and 2 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Xanthan gum, 1 teaspoon
- Lemon zest, 1 teaspoon
- Butter, 200 gram, cold
- Cream cheese, 1/2 Cup, cold
- Eggs, 2, beaten
- Vinegar, 4 teaspoon
- Egg white for egg wash (brush the crust right before baking)
Ingredients for Juicy Blueberry Pie
- Fresh blueberries, 5 Cups
- Low-carb sweetener, 4/3 Cup to 1 Cup depending on the sweetness of blueberries
- Arrowroot flour, 3 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground chia seeds, 3 Tablespoon
Instructions for Juicy Blueberry Pie
1.To make a pie crust, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, xanthan gum, and lemon zest in a food processor. Add butter and cream cheese and blend together. Add beaten eggs and vinegar and pulse for a few seconds until crumbly dough forms. Divide into two portions in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
2.Wash blueberries and remove excess water. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
3.In a large bowl, mix sweetener, arrowroot flour, sea salt, and ground chia seeds. Gently toss the blueberries with the mix to make the berry filling.
4. Preheat oven to 210°C (410°F).
5. Take out one batch of dough from the refrigerator and roll out thinly. Fill the bottom of the pie pan to make a bottom crust. Add the berry filling and spread evenly.
6. Take out the other batch of dough from the fridge. Spread out thinly and cover over the pie. Cut a few slits on top. Give the pie crust an egg white wash.
7. Bake the pie for 35 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Cover the top with aluminium foil if it browns too quickly.
8. Take out the pie and cool down completely to set.
Watch How to Make Juicy Blueberry Pie
Other Healthy Holiday Treats You Might Like
- Almond Flaxseed Bread
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Baked Apple
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Sunflower Seed Crust
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Cranberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Garlic Bread Rolls
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Orange Glazed Sweet Potato
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds