A refreshing appetiser or side dish for the spring, this Korean salad is adapted to a low-carb, gluten-free diet. Toss together crispy lettuce, sliced onion, and carrots for a colorful mix and drizzle with delicious low-carb, gluten-free Korean-style dressing. You can totally customise this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables and protein.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Korean Garden Salad
- Lettuce, roughly chopped, or salad mix of your choice, 200 gram
- Onion, 1/4, thinly sliced
- Carrot, 1/4, thinly sliced
- Tamari sauce or gluten-free soy sauce, 2 Tablespoon
- Rice vinegar, 3 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Garlic, minced, 1/2 Tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 1 Tablespoon
- Ground red pepper, 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds, toasted, 1 Tablespoon
- Scallions, chopped, 1 Tablespoon
Instructions for Korean Garden Salad
1.In a large bowl, put together roughly chopped lettuce or a salad mix of your choice, sliced onion and carrot, and any other vegetables you like to add.
2.In a separate bowl, make a Korean-style dressing by mixing Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, vinegar, low-carb sweetener, minced garlic, sesame oil, ground red pepper, sesame seeds, and chopped scallions.
3.Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
Other Korean Dishes You Might Like
This Korean Garden Salad goes especially well with some of Korean main dishes. See our recipes inspired by the Korean cuisine. All are easily adaptable to a low-carb or gluten-free diet.