This hearty curry uses many healthy ingredients such as lentils, onion, garlic, turmeric, coriander, and cumin with phytoestrogen and antioxidant properties. Our lentil curry is a rich and nourishing vegan dish that can be batch cooked for a perfect freezer-friendly meal.
- Dry green or brown lentils, 1 Cup
- Vegetable stock, 3 Cup
- Onion, ½, chopped
- Garlic, 4, crushed
- Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder. 1 teaspoon
- Coriander, ½ teaspoon
- Cumin, ½ teaspoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Coconut cream, 14 oz
- Tomato paste, 6 oz
- Parsley or scallions, chopped, for garnish
- In a pot, boil 3 cups of vegetable broth. Put dry lentils. Close the lid and simmer at a low to medium heat for 25 minutes.
- When lentils are soft, turn off the stove. Drain and set aside.
- In a greased pan, stir fry garlic and chopped onions until soft. Add spices and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour coconut cream and tomato paste and blend well. Cook the curry until all ingredients are tender.
- Add chopped parsley or scallion for garnish and serve with rice or naan. Check our recipe for a low-carb naan.
- You can batch cook lentils and use some for lentil salad with miso dressing. See our recipe for lentil salad.
- You can freeze this lentil curry in individual portions and microwave or boil before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One pan
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: vegan lentil curry, vegan curry, vegan lentil curry recipe, vegan curry recipe, vegan recipe, hormone balancing food, menopause food, menopause diet