Stir-fried longevity noodle is a popular Chinese New Year dish. We use chickpea noodles here to increase protein and fiber, but you can use any type of long noodles for a delicious stir fry. Try our easy to follow recipes for the Chinese New Year celebration, all free from sugar and easily adaptable to a gluten free diet.
Serving Size: 4-6
Ingredients for Longevity Noodles
- Chickpea Spaghetti Noodles, 8 oz, 230 gram
- Shiitake mushrooms, 4, thinly sliced
- Scallions, 6 oz, 170-200 gram, cut into long pieces
- Soy sauce (use gluten-free if you follow a gluten-free diet), 1 Tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce(use gluten-free if you follow a gluten-free diet), 1 Tablespoon
- Oyster sauce, 2 Tablespoon
- Water, 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil, 1 Tablespoon
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Avocado oil or neutral tasting cooking oil to grease the skillet
Instructions for Longevity Noodles
1.Bring water to a boil and put noodles. Take them out slightly sooner than suggested by the manufacturer’s instructions. The noodles should be undercooked at this point because they will be stir fried with vegetables later. Drain and set aside.
2.Cut shiitake mushrooms and scallions. Set aside.
3.In a small bowl, mix soy sauces, oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, and salt and pepper.
4.In a large greased skillet, stir fry mushroom and scallions.
5.Add the noodles. Spread the mixed sauce and coat the noodles evenly. Serve immediately.
Watch How to Make Longevity Noodles
Watch a Video about Easy Chinese New Year Recipes
Other Chinese Recipes You Might Like
- Black Sesame Tang Yuan
- Broccoli Garlic
- Chicken Mung Bean Sprout Stir Fry
- Chili Shrimp
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Pan Fried Whole Fish
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Pepper Steak
- Salt and Pepper Fish
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Shrimp with Mung Bean Glass Noodle
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tangerine Beef
- Walnut Shrimp