Gluten-free, low-carb carrot cupcakes are perfect, guilt-free desserts for a special day. Made with almond flour, spices, and pecans, low-carb carrot cupcakes are a healthier alternative to the traditional carrot cupcakes.
Serving size: about 18 cupcakes
Ingredients for Carrot Cupcakes
- Blanched Almond flour, 2.5 Cups
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 2 teaspoon
- Ginger, ¼ teaspoon
- Cloves, ⅛ teaspoon
- Nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon
- Butter, softened, ¾ Cup
- Low-carb brown sweetener, ½ Cup
- Low-carb granular sweetener, ¼ Cup
- Eggs, large, 4
- Carrot, shredded, 2 cups
- Pecans, chopped, 1 Cup
Ingredients for Low-Carb Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese, full fat, 8 ounce block, room temperature
- Butter, unsalted, ½ Cup, room temperature
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Low-carb confectioners’ sweetener, 2 Cups
- Zest of one orange
Instructions for Carrot Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 177˚C (350˚F). Leave cream cheese and butter at room temperature to soften.
2. Combine brown sweetener, granular sweetener, and butter using a hand mixer.
3. Add vanilla and one egg at a time until fully combined with the butter mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the butter mix until fully combined.
6. Add shredded carrots and chopped pecans into the batter. Use a spatula to put the batter into cupcake tins. It makes about 18 cupcakes.
7. Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick inside the cupcake to see if it comes out clean. Cool down completely before adding frosting.
1.Combine softened cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer. Add vanilla extract and sea salt.
2. Add low-carb confectioner’s sweetener 1 cup at a time and beat on low speed. Whisk together with the cream cheese until it is smooth and completely combined. Add the zest from one orange to the frosting.
3. Refrigerate the frosting for 1 hour before using.
Watch How to Make This Cupcake
Other Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Baking Recipes
- Almond Flaxseed Bread
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Banana Flaxseed Bread
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Coconut Flour Pound Cake
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffin
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Raspberry Muffins
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds