Inspired by a Korean-style short rib dish, this low-carb galbi recipe uses gluten-free Tamari sauce and low-carb sweetener to create a delicious barbeque for a fun weekend or a party.
- Beef short ribs, boneless Galbi cuts, 1 Kg
- Grated onion, ¼ Cup
- Grated pear, ¼ Cup
- Low-carb Sweetener, 4 Tablespoon
- Tamari sauce, ⅓ Cup
- Minced garlic, 2 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil, 3 Tablespoon
- Ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Scallions for garnish
- Sesame seeds for garnish
1.In a large bowl, mix grated onion and pear and low-carb sweetener to make an initial marinade. Put galbi cut meat (thin slices of short-ribs) in the marinade and set aside for thirty minutes.
2.Add gluten-free Tamari sauce, minced garlic, sesame oil, and ground black pepper to the beef marinade and mix well.
3.Put the beef mix in a ziplog bag and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. If you are running out of time, skip this step.
4.Heat skillet over high heat. Cook beef a couple of minutes per side.
5.Serve with chopped scallions or sesame seeds.
- Check the label for gluten-free tamari sauce. If you are not restricted by gluten-free diet, you can use regular soy sauce.
- For low-carb sweetener, we use erythritol or erythritol blended with monk fruit or stevia.
- If you run out of time, skip the step of leaving the marinade overnight.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Gluten free Korean barbecue galbi