Sweet and tangy lemon curd with low-carb sweetener is a perfect addition to your favorite desserts. Use it as a filling for mini lemon tarts and bring to a picnic or party. Or drizzle it over whipped cream or spread on your breakfast toasts. Enjoy the refreshing taste of the spring guilt-free.
Ingredients for Low-Carb Lemon Curd
- Unsalted Butter, ½ Cup
- Eggs, large, 2
- Egg yolk, large, 3
- Low-carb confectioner sweetener, 1 Cup (allulose would work best for this recipe)
- Lemon juice, ½ Cup
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Zest of lemon, 1 Tablespoon
Instructions for Low-Carb Lemon Curd
1. In a saucepan, melt butter at a low temperature.
2.Turn off the heat and whisk in the eggs. Add low-carb powdered sweetener, lemon juice, sea salt, and zest of lemon and stir well.
3. Bring the saucepan to the stove again and stir continuously for 5 minutes over a low heat until the mixture thickens.
4.Cool down completely. Move it to a sterilised container and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or until set.
5. Use lemon curd as a filling for lemon tarts, spread on your breakfast toasts, or drizzle over whipped cream. It lasts in the fridge in an airtight container upto two weeks.
Watch How to Make Low-Carb Lemon Curd
Other Low-Carb Treats You Might Like
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Sunflower Seed Crust
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Carrot Cupcake
- Coconut Flour Pound Cake
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Raspberry Muffins
- Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Vegan Strawberry Mousse
- Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds