The sweet and tangy flavor of lemon glaze combined with rich, moist bread makes this lemon loaf a great option for your tea time, barbeque party, or leisurely breakfast. We use avocado oil and low carb flours instead of butter and wheat flour for a healthier alternative without compromising the taste.
Serving Size: 8-10 slices
Ingredients for low-carb lemon loaf:
- Almond flour, blanched, 2 Cups
- Coconut flour, ¼ Cup
- Low-carb sweetener, ¾ Cup
- Baking powder, 1 Tablespoon
- Avocado oil, ½ Cup
- Eggs, 5 large, at room temperature
- Lemon juice, ¼ Cup
Ingredients for lemon glaze:
- Low-carb powdered sweetener, 1 Cup
- Water, 4 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice, 2 Tablespoon
- Vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon zest, ½ teaspoon
Instructions for low-carb lemon loaf:
1. Preheat the oven to 177˚C (350˚F). Make sure eggs are left at room temperature.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and low-carb sweetener. Add avocado oil and lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder and make sure there are no lumps.
4. Pour the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend well to create a batter.
5. Line a 9×5 inch pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper with a bit of avocado oil. Pour the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
7. Take out from the oven and cool down the bread completely.
8. In a small bowl, mix low-carb powdered sweetener, water, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest to make lemon glaze.
9. Spread the glaze over the cooled bread. Slice the bread and serve.