Sweet and tangy lemon curd in rich, almond crusts makes these low-carb mini tarts truly special, guilt-free treats. Bring them to a picnic or a party.
Ingredients for the crusts
- Almond flour, blanched, 1 and ¾ Cups
- Low-carb sweetener, ¼ Cup
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter, ¼ Cup, melted
- Egg, large, 1
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for the lemon curd
- Unsalted Butter, ½ Cup
- Eggs, large, 2
- Egg yolk, large, 3
- Low-carb confectioner sweetener, 1 Cup
- Lemon juice, ½ Cup
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Zest of lemon, 1 Tablespoon
- Raspberries or berries of your choice for garnish
1.Preheat the oven to 177˚C or 350˚F.
2. Mix almond flour, butter, egg, sweetener, vanilla extract in a food processor until a dough forms. Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
3. Roll each piece to make a mini tart crust.
4. Grease the muffin or mini tart pan. Press the crust into the pan and poke the bottom with a fork to make holes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
6. Chill the crusts completely, while making the filling.
7. In a saucepan, melt butter at a low temperature. Turn off the heat and whisk in the eggs. Add low-carb powdered sweetener, lemon juice, sea salt, and zest of lemon and stir well.
8. Bring back the saucepan to the stove and stir the mixture continuously for 5 minutes over a low heat until it thickens.
9.Cool down completely. Move it to a sterilised container and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or until set.
10.Use the lemon curd as a filling for mini lemon tarts. Decorate with fresh raspberry on top.
Use low-carb powdered sweetener for the lemon curd to dissolve well. Allulose would work best for this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Low carb lemon tarts, low carb lemon curd, lemon curd recipe, low carb lemon curd recipe, low arb gluten free lemon tarts, gluten free lemon tarts, low carb lemon dessert, low carb lemon filling