Sweet and tangy lemon curd in rich, almond crusts makes these low-carb mini tarts truly special, guilt-free treats. Bring mini tarts to a picnic or a party.
Serving Size: 12 Small Tarts
Ingredients for Low-Carb Mini Lemon Tarts
Ingredients for the Pie Crust
- Almond flour, blanched, 1 and ¾ Cups
- Low-carb sweetener, ¼ Cup
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter, ¼ Cup, melted
- Egg, large, 1
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for the Lemon Curd
- Unsalted Butter, ½ Cup
- Eggs, large, 2
- Egg yolk, large, 3
- Low-carb confectioner sweetener, 1 Cup (allulose would work best for this recipe)
- Lemon juice, ½ Cup
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Zest of lemon, 1 Tablespoon
- Raspberries or berries of your choice for garnish
Instructions for Low-Carb Mini Lemon Tarts
1. Preheat the oven to 177˚C or 350˚F.
2. Mix almond flour, butter, egg, sweetener, vanilla extract in a food processor until a dough forms. Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
3. Roll each piece to make a mini tart crust.
4. Grease the muffin or mini tart pan. Press the crust into the pan and poke the bottom with a fork to make holes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
6. Chill the crusts completely, while making the filling.
7. In a saucepan, melt butter at a low temperature. Turn off the heat and whisk in the eggs. Add low-carb powdered sweetener, lemon juice, sea salt, and zest of lemon and stir well.
8. Bring back the saucepan to the stove and stir the mixture continuously for 5 minutes over a low heat until it thickens.
9.Cool down completely. Move it to a sterilised container and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or until set.
10.Use the lemon curd as a filling for mini lemon tarts. Decorate with fresh raspberry on top.
Watch How to Make Lemon Tarts Step by Step
Other Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Desserts You Might Like
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Banana Flaxseed Bread
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Flour Pound Cake
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Raspberry Muffins
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Strawberry Popsicles
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds