A super moist, low-carb, gluten-free cake made with whole oranges bursts with a fresh citrus flavor. Impress your guests at a special gathering during the upcoming holidays with a delicious and healthy dessert. Serve with greek yogurt , vanilla ice cream, or your favorite icing. For more ideas about healthy holiday recipes, see our Thanksgiving menu. All are made from fresh ingredients without refined carbs, sugar, or gluten.
Serving size 12
Ingredients for Low-Carb Orange Cake
- Valencia or Navel oranges, 2
- Low-carb sweetener, 1 and 1/4 Cup
- Blanched almond flour, 2 and 3/4 Cup
- Baking powder, 1 and 1/4 teaspoon
- Large eggs, 6, room temperature
- Low-carb powdered sweetener for garnish (optional)
- Slices of orange or orange peels for garnish (optional)
Instructions for Low-Carb Orange Cake
1.Wash two oranges. In a large pot, bring 2 litres of water to a boil. Put the oranges and simmer for about 40 minutes. Drain and add another 2 litres of water and boil the oranges again for another 40 minutes.
2.Drain and set aside the oranges to cool.
3.Preheat the oven to 160˚C or 320˚F (140˚C or 284˚F if using fan oven).
4.Chop the oranges into small pieces. Put them in a food processor and puree until it reaches a jam like consistency. Take out of the processor and set aside.
5.In the same processor, add almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and eggs and pulse the ingredients to create a batter. Add the orange puree and stir well to combine.
6.Grease a 9 inch baking pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Add the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7.Take out the cake and cool down completely in the pan.
8.Decorate the top of the cake with a slice of orange or orange peels, leaves, or powdered sweetener. Slice and serve with sweetened greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Alternatively, drizzle your favorite icing and serve.
Watch How to Make Low-Carb Orange Cake
Other Healthy Holiday Recipes You Might Like
- Almond Flaxseed Bread
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Avocado Hummus
- Baked Apple
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Sunflower Seed Crust
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Cranberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Creamed Kale
- Garlic Bread Rolls
- Herb Butter Snapper
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Orange Glazed Sweet Potato
- Orange Walnut Salad
- Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Pomegranate Salmon
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Radish
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds