Tangy and spicy chili sauce adapted to a low-carb, gluten-free diet is a versatile addition to your favorite barbecue or party snacks. Use it as a marinade for your favorite grill recipe or a dipping sauce for meat, fish, tofu, or vegetable sticks.
Ingredients for Sweet Chili Sauce
- Garlic, finely chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger, finely chopped, 2 teaspoon
- Red chili flakes, 1 Tablespoon (adjust the amount based on your preference)
- Vinegar, apple cider or rice vinegar, 1/2 Cup
- Low-Carb sweetener, powdered, 1/2 Cup
- Tamari sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Fish sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 1/2 Cup
- Arrowroot slurry (mix 2 teaspoon of arrowroot flour and 1 Tablespoon of water)
Instructions for Sweet Chili Sauce
1.Chop garlic and ginger. Put them and red pepper flakes to a small saucepan. Add vinegar, sweetener, tamari, fish sauce, and water. Bring it to a boil and stir occasionally.
2.In a small bowl, mix arrowroot flour and water to make a slurry. Reduce the heat to low and add the slurry. Stir until the sauce thickens.
3.Turn off the stove and let it cool. Pour it into a sterilised airtight jar and store in the fridge upto 1 week.
4.Use the chili sauce as a basis for sweet chili shrimp skewers or sweet chili grilled chicken.