Impress your guests with a fresh mango treat beautifully decorated on creamy, low-carb custard cream and a flaky pie crust. The bright yellow color of the juicy mango slices will lift up everyone’s mood, while the sweet taste of the fruit and creamy custard will satisfy their sweet tooth.
Ingredients for Mango Cream Pie
For low-carb, nut-free pie crust
- Coconut flour, 3/4 Cup
- Butter, cold, 1/2 Cup
- Low-carb sweetener, 3 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Eggs, 2 large, room temperature
- Vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon
- Zest from one lemon
For low-carb custard cream
- Egg yolks, 4 large eggs
- Low-carb sweetener, 2/3 Cup
- Heavy cream, 1.5 Cup
- Arrowroot flour, 2 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, pinch
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
For Mango toppings
- Ripe mangos, 3 large, sliced lengthwise
Instructions for Mango Cream Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 177˚C or 350˚F.
2.Mix all ingredients for a pie crust in a food processor and pulse until crumbly dough forms. Spread it into a 9 inch baking pan and poke small holes. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges turn light brown. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, sweetener, arrowroot, and sea salt until well combined without lumps.
4.In a pot, bring heavy cream to a boil over medium heat. When it starts to bubble, turn off the stove.
5.Slowly pour half of the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well and add the combined mixture to the rest of the cream in the pot. Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine well.
6.Turn the stove back to medium heat and whisk constantly. When the cream is thickened to a pudding-like consistency, turn off the stove. Cool down completely at room temperature.
7.Once the pie crust has cooled, spread the custard cream evenly and chill in the refrigerator.
8.Peel and cut mangoes in lengthy slices.
9.Take out the cream filled pie crust from the fridge and arrange the mango slices starting from the outer edge. Work toward the center in an overlapping pattern. Put the decorated pie back into the fridge and let it set until you are ready to serve.
Watch How to Make Mango Cream Pie
Other Healthy Treats You Might Like
- Apple Flaxseed Bread
- Banana Flaxseed Bread
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cream Pie
- Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Flour Pound Cake
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Orange Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Collagen Cheesecake
- Raspberry Mini Cream Tart
- Raspberry Muffins
- Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Strawberry Popsicles
- Three Berry Pie with Chia Seeds