This mapo tofu recipe is a simplified version of the traditional Chinese dish and can be a satisfying, nourishing meal for the whole family. Tofu is from soya beans and is especially rich in phytoestrogens. Soya contains two isoflavone compounds called genistein and daidzein and is considered to be a complete protein.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Easy Mapo Tofu
- Firm tofu, 400 gram
- Ground pork, 250 gram
- Scallions, 3, chopped. White part and green part separated.
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger, minced 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil, 1 Tablespoon
- Arrowroot powder, 1 Tablespoon
- Water, 1 Cup
Ingredients for Mapo Tofu Sauce
- Miso, 1 Tablespoon
- Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon
- Sake, 1 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener (Stevia, Monk Fruit, or Erythritol), 1 Tablespoon
- Red pepper paste (Gochujang), 1 Tablespoon
Instructions for Easy Mapo Tofu
1. Cut tofu into small equal sized cubes.
2. In a small bowl, make Mapo Tofu sauce by mixing miso, Tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, sake, sweetener, and red pepper paste (Gochujang). Set aside.
3.Chop scallions. Separate the white part and the green part of scallions.
4. After oiling a frying pan, stir fry the white part of scallions. Add garlic and ginger.
5. Add ground pork to the frying pan and cook thoroughly.
6. Pour water and Mapo Tofu sauce into the pan. Mix well to remove any clumps.
7. Put tofu into the sauce mixture.
8. Sprinkle arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce.
9. Add sesame oil and the green part of scallions for garnish.
10. Serve with rice or salad.
Watch How to Make Easy Mapo Tofu
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Agedashi Tofu
- Black Sesame Tang Yuan
- Broccoli Garlic
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Longevity Noodle
- Mung Bean Sprout Stir Fry
- Pan Fried Whole Fish
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Pepper Steak
- Salt and Pepper Fish
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Shrimps with Mung Bean Glass Noodle
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tangerine Beef
- Tofu with Spicy Sauce
- Walnut Shrimp