Ingredients for Miso Glazed Eggplants
- Japanese eggplants, 4
- White miso, 4 Tablespoon
- Sake, 4 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 3 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon, for garnish
- Spring onions, 1, chopped, for garnish
Instructions for Eggplants and Miso Glaze
1. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise.
2. Make a criss-cross pattern on the flesh side of the eggplants.
3. Oil a frying pan. Cook each side for a few minutes with a lid closed. Take them out when they are tender and light brown.
4. Make miso glaze by mixing white miso, sake, and sweetener together in a bowl.
5. In a baking pan, put eggplants flesh side up. Spread miso glaze evenly over the eggplants.
6. Broil the eggplants for 5-10 minutes until brown and bubbly.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve immediately.