Mussels are a good source of omega 3, which helps to protect against heart disease, stroke, and depression. This mussel pasta uses miracle noodles made from konjac, which are low in carb and high in fiber.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Mussel Pasta
- Mussel, cleaned and debearded, 1 Kg
- Garlic, minced, 2 Tablespoon
- Onion, 1, chopped
- Large tomato, 2, chopped
- Red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon
- White wine, 1/2 Cup
- Chicken stock 1/4 Cup
- Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon
- Butter, 2 Tablespoon
- Parsley, chopped, 1/4 Cup for garnish
- Miracle noodle, 600 gram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
Instructions for Mussel Pasta
1.Rinse and remove beard from mussels.
2. Mince garlic. Chop onion, tomato, and parsely. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat olive oil at a medium high heat. Put chopped onions. Add garlic and cook until soft.
4. Add red pepper flakes and chopped tomato. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Throw in cleaned mussels. Add wine, chicken stock, butter, and lemon juice and close lid until mussels are open, for about five minutes. Discard unopened mussels.
6. While mussels are being cooked, boil water in a separate pot.
7. Rinse miracle noodles with running water thoroughly for one minute.
8. Put the miracle noodles in boiling water for five minutes. Drain.
9. Add the cooked noodles into the pan. Blend well for a couple of minutes until the noodles soak up the sauce.
10. Serve with chopped parsley. Drizzle more olive oil and sprinkle ground pepper to taste.