Use home made, low-carb pomegranate molasses to make a delightful, one-pan chicken glazed in a perfectly sweet and tart sauce. What an easy and festive main dish everyone will love! Learn how to make low-carb pomegranate molasses as a basis for a salad dressing or a sauce for main dishes or desserts.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
- Chicken thighs, with skin on, 1-1.2kg
- Cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 3 Tablespoon or more
- Red pepper flakes, 1/8 teaspoon
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Ground thyme, 1/2 teaspoon
- Pomegranate molasses, low-carb, 1 Cup
- Chicken stock, 1/2 Cup
- Scallions, chopped, for garnish, 1 Tablespoon
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish, 1/4 Cup
Instructions for Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
1.Pat dry chicken with paper towels.
2.In a bowl, mix cumin, lemon juice, and sea salt. Rub chicken with the spice mix.
3.Drizzle olive oil over an oven-safe pan at medium high heat. Brown chicken skin side down first for five minutes. Flip over and cook the other side for about 5 minutes. Work in batches and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200˚C (400˚F).
4.Reduce the heat to medium low. Using the same pan, stir fry red pepper flakes, garlic, and thyme. Add pomegranate molasses and chicken stock and let the sauce thicken. Add back the browned chicken and coat them well with the sauce.
5.Put the pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes at 200˚C (400˚F).
6.Take out from the oven and garnish with scallions and pomegranate seeds.
7.Serve warm with your favorite salad or side.
Watch How to Make Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
Other Healthy Holiday Recipes You Might Like
- Almond Flaxseed Bread
- Avocado Hummus
- Banana Flaxseed Bread
- Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce
- Berry Cherry Crumble
- Berry Trifle
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Sunflower Seed Crust
- Blueberry Pie
- Carrot Cupcakes
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- Cranberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Creamed Kale
- Crispy Skin Barramundi
- Easy Garlic Herb Lamb
- Festive Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Garlic Bread Rolls
- Garlicky Cauliflower Mash
- Herb Butter Snapper
- Mini Lemon Tarts
- Lemon Loaf
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Orange Cake
- Orange Glazed Sweet Potato
- Orange Walnut Salad
- Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Pomegranate Salmon
- Pumpkin Bread
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- Raspberry Muffins
- Roasted Radish
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Strawberry Glazed Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake
- Sugar-Free Dried Cranberries
- Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers
- Three Berry Pie
- White Bean Dip
- Zesty Shrimp with Avocado Dip