Roasted pumpkin and red onions tossed with olive oil is a perfect combination with crunchy, toasted walnuts and baby spinach. Serve the salad mix with lemon garlic dressing for sweet and tart flavour.
Serving Size: 4
- Baby spinach 120-150 gram
- Walnut 1/4C, chopped and toasted in frying pan
- Pumpkin, 400 gram
- Red onion 1, chopped
- Optional: goat cheese or blue cheese
for lemon garlic dressing:
- Olive oil, 1/3 Cup
- Lemon juice, 4 Tablespoon
- Garlic, 1 Tablespoon, minced
- Sea salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 1 teaspoon
- Cut pumpkin into bite size pieces. Chop red onions.
- Put pumpkin and red onions in a baking sheet and spray olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake them for 20 minutes at 220˚C or 430˚F.
- Toast chopped walnuts in a frying pan.
- Put together baby spinach, roasted pumpkin and onion, and walnuts. If desired, add goat or blue cheese to the mix.
- Make lemon garlic dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and ground pepper, and sweetener.
- Pour the dressing over the mixed salad and serve.