Roasted sweet potato and broccoli seasoned with spices and tossed with avocado oil has a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. You can bake them in one pan with chicken fillets to save time on meal preparation.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli:
- Sweet potato, 2 medium sized, cut into 1.3 cm (0.5 inch) cubes
- Broccoli, 1 large head, cut into bite sized florets
- Avocado oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Chili powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Paprika, ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin, ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Onion powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Sea salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
Instructions for Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli:
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F). Peel and chop sweet potatoes into about 1.3 cm or 0.5 inch equal-sized cubes. Cut broccoli florets into bite size pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and ground pepper. Add avocado oil and mix well with the spices. Toss the sweet potato and broccoli in the mix.
3. Line a pan with parchment paper. Spread out the sweet potato and broccoli evenly to avoid overlapping.
4. Put the pan in the oven. Flip the vegetables every ten minutes. Bake them for about 25 minutes total or until the edges are crispy and golden. Take out and serve with your favorite main dish.