Saba Misoni is mackerel simmered in miso. It’s an easy way to add Omega 3 fats to your meal. Omega 3 Fatty Acids are a type of essential fats our body needs to get from food, preferably from fatty fish. Much of the health benefits of omega 3 fatty acids has to do with two main types of omega 3: EPA and DHA, both found in fatty fish and other seafood.
Serving Size: 4
- Mackerel fillets, 500 gram, cut into small pieces
- Water, ½ Cup
- Sake, ½ Cup
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce or Tamari, 1 Tablespoon
- Miso, 3 Tablespoon
- Ginger, 3 cm, thinly sliced and to be cooked with the sauce
- Ginger or scallion for garnish
- Wash mackerel fillets and pat dry. Cut the fillets into small pieces.
- Make a criss cross pattern on the skin..
- Slice ginger into thinly..
- Boil water in a pot at medium heat. Add sake, low-carb sweetener, soy sauce or tamari, and ginger.
- Add mackerel pieces into the pot and reduce the temperature to medium low heat. Close the lid and cook for about five minutes.
- Turn over the fish and cook for a couple more minutes with the lid closed.
- Take out some of the sauce and mix with miso to blend well. Put the miso mix into the pot and let it simmer for a few more minutes with the lid open until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Take the fish out and serve with more ginger or scallion for garnish.