This salt and pepper fish is perfect for a party snack. Coated in arrowroot flour, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper marinade, fish fillets are deep fried until golden and served with chopped scallions.
White fish, cod or other fillets, 600 grams
Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
White pepper, 1 teaspoon
Egg , 1 large
Sake, 2 Tablespoon
Low-carb sweetener, 1 Tablespoon
Arrowroot flour, 4 Tablespoon
Ginger, minced 1 Tablespoon
Garlic, minced 2 Tablespoon
Red pepper flakes 1 teaspoon for garnish
Scallions, 2, chopped for garnish
More salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut fish fillets into bite size pieces. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Make a marinade by mixing sea salt, white pepper, low-carb sweetener, minced garlic, and minced ginger, arrowroot flour, egg, and sake together.
3. Mix the fish pieces in the batter.
4. Heat avocado oil at a high temperature. Add the fish mixture and deep fry until golden.
5. Take out the fried fish and rest them in a paper towel.
6. Sprinkle chopped scallions and red pepper flakes for garnish before serving.
Keywords: salt and pepper fish recipe, salt and pepper fish, Chinese salt and pepper fish, Chinese salt and pepper fish recipe