This salt and pepper fish is perfect for a party snack. Coated in arrowroot flour, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper marinade, fish fillets are deep fried until golden and served with chopped scallions.
Serving Size: 4-6
Ingredients for Salt and Pepper Fish
- White fish, cod or other fillets, 600 grams
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- White pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Egg , 1 large
- Sake, 2 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 1 Tablespoon
- Arrowroot flour, 4 Tablespoon
- Ginger, minced 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic, minced 2 Tablespoon
- Red pepper flakes 1 teaspoon for garnish
- Scallions, 2, chopped for garnish
- More salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Salt and Pepper Fish
1. Cut fish fillets into bite size pieces. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Make a marinade by mixing sea salt, white pepper, low-carb sweetener, minced garlic, and minced ginger, arrowroot flour, egg, and sake together.
3. Mix the fish pieces in the batter.
4. Heat avocado oil at a high temperature. Add the fish mixture and deep fry until golden.
5. Take out the fried fish and rest them in a paper towel.
6. Sprinkle chopped scallions and red pepper flakes for garnish before serving.