Crispy tofu with simple salt and pepper seasoning is a crowd pleasing vegan dish for a party or a weekend meal. Tofu is coated with arrowroot flour, sea salt, white pepper, and red chili flakes and fried to achieve perfect crispness on the outside and softness inside. Serve with extra seasoning if preferred.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Extra firm or firm tofu, 15.5 oz (439 gram)
- Arrowroot powder, 1/4 to 1/2 Cup
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- White pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Red chili flakes, 1/4 teaspoon
- Avocado oil (or other neutral taste oil) to fry tofu
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
Instructions for Salt and Pepper Tofu
1.Drain tofu and put weight to take excess water from tofu. Set aside while preparing for other ingredients.
2.In a bowl, mix arrowroot powder, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
3.Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
4.Coat the tofu cubes with the arrowroot powder mix evenly.
5.Heat avocado oil in a sauce pan. Fry tofu until the outside turns golden and crispy.
6.Serve with scallions for garnish. Add more salt, pepper, or red chili flakes if desired.
Watch How to Make Salt and Pepper Tofu
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Agedashi Tofu
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Chickpea Meatballs with Creamy Curry Sauce
- Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Eggplant Chickpea Stew
- Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Eggplant in Sesame Sauce
- Garlic Spinach
- Korean Style Tofu
- Lentil Curry
- Miso-Glazed Eggplant
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Stir Fried Broccoli with Garlic
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- White Bean Dip
- Wreath Salad