Impress your party guests with this sumptuous low-carb strawberry glazed pie, perfect for any special occasion. You can prepare this fresh strawberry pie in advance, chill it in the fridge, and serve your guests for a guilt-free dessert. You can also make the nut-free pie crust first and add strawberry glaze later.
For low-carb, nut-free pie crust
- Coconut flour, 3/4 Cup
- Butter, cold, 1/2 Cup
- Low-carb sweetener, 3 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Eggs, 2 large, room temperature
- Vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon
- Zest from one lemon
For strawberry glaze and topping:
- Fresh strawberry, 6 Cups (half for the glaze and half for the fresh topping)
- Water, 1/2 Cup
- Gelatin, 1.5 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 3/4 Cup
- Cream cheese, full fat blocks, 6 oz, room temperature
1.Preheat the oven to 177˚C (350˚F).
2.Mix all ingredients for a pie crust in a food processor and pulse until crumbly dough forms. Spread it into a 9 inch baking pan and poke small holes. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges turn light brown. Set aside.
3. Slice 3 cups of strawberries to use for fresh topping later. The remaining strawberries will be used for a glaze.
4. Boil water in a small saucepan and add the strawberries for the glaze. Mash them.
5. Add sweetener and gelatin. Stir constantly at medium heat until the mixture thickens.
6. Turn off the stove. Set aside the strawberry glaze and cool down.
7. Spread cream cheese on the pie crust. Pour fresh strawberry slices on top.
8. Spread strawberry glaze evenly over the pie. Cool it down.
9.Refrigerate overnight or until set.
For low-carb sweetener, we use either erythritol or a Monkfruit or stevia blend.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Low carb strawberry glazed pie, low carb strawberry pie, low carb berry pie, low carb dessert, gluten free strawberry pie, nut free strawberry pie