Ingredients for Sweet and Savory Pumpkin
- Pumpkin, ½ of a large pumpkin
- Avocado oil, 2 Tablespoon
- Butter, melted, 2 Tablespoon
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Clove, ⅛ teaspoon
- Nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon
- Fresh thyme, finely chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Low-carb brown sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- A sprig of thyme and Rosemary, for garnish
Instructions for Sweet and Savory Pumpkin
1.Preheat the oven to 200˚C (392˚F). Slice a pumpkin into thin long uniform wedges.
2.In a large bowl, mix avocado oil, melted butter, sea salt, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, garlic, thyme, and sweetener together. Toss the pumpkin slices and coat them evenly.
3.Oil a round baking pan and arrange the pumpkin slices in a circular pattern.
4.Bake for about 30 minutes until soft and golden on the edges.
5.Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top and serve with a whole sprig of rosemary and thyme for garnish.