This is a perfect dish when you are pressed for time. Teriyaki Salmon is a quick way to increase your Omega 3 Fatty Acid intake. Use soy flour to increase phytoestrogen, which helps balance estrogen levels and protects your heart and bones. Simply pour low-carb teriyaki sauce over the pan fried salmon and serve.
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for low-carb Teriyaki Salmon:
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 500-600 gram total
- Sea salt and black pepper, ¼ teaspoon each
- Soy flour, 2 Tablespoon
- Oil, 1-2 Tablespoon
- Gluten-free tamari sauce (or soy sauce if not restricted by diet), 3 Tablespoon
- Sake, 2 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Ginger, grated, ½ teaspoon
Instructions for low-carb Teriyaki Salmon:
1. Wash salmon fillets and pat dry.
2. In a bowl, mix tamari sauce, sake, low-carb sweetener, and grated ginger. Mix well and set aside.
3. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on both sides of the salmon fillets.
4. Coat the fish with soy flour evenly.
5. Heat a frying pan at medium high heat and pour oil. Put the salmon fillets with the skin side at the bottom. Cook for about 5 minutes and flip to the other side. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the sauce mix to the frying pan and reduce the heat to medium. Spoon the sauce over fish. Serve after a couple of minutes when the sauce thickens.