You won’t believe an easy to put together, vegan wrap can be this rich, satisfying, and flavorful! Call it a wrap or burrito depending on how you serve. It offers lots phytoestrogens, fiber, protein, and healthy fat in one convenient package. Try our low-carb, gluten-free, vegan tortilla. Serve warm or cold, as lunch or dinner.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Tortilla Wraps
Ingredients for Vegan Chickpea Wrap
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained, 2 cans
- Avocado or olive oil, 1 Tablespoon and more for pan frying
- Paprika or smoked paprika, 2 teaspoon
- Cumin, 2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 2 teaspoon
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion, 1, diced
- Bell pepper, 1/2, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Avocado, 2
- Lettuce, 1 bunch, shredded
- Tomato, 1 medium size, diced
- Other optional toppings: Salsa and vegan yogurt
- Soft tortilla, 8
- Parsley or coriander, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
Instructions for Vegan Chickpea Wrap
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas with avocado oil or olive oil. Add paprika, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- In a large skillet, drizzle more oil. Cook the seasoned chickpeas, onion, and bell pepper until soft for a few minutes. Set aside. You can also roast them in the oven at 220˚C or 428˚F (fan oven 200˚C or 392˚F) for about 20 minutes until crisp.
- Prepare other ingredients by shredding lettuce and chopping tomato, lime, and parsley or coriander.
- Peel and cut avocado into small pieces. Drizzle some lime juice. Set aside.
- Prepare the wrap. You can use either cold or warm tortillas. Spread the cooked chickpeas on a tortilla and add lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, and yogurt.
- Serve with lime wedges and parsley or coriander for garnish.
Watch How to Make Vegan Chickpea Wrap
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Bean Salad
- Broccoli Garlic
- Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Chickpea Meatballs in Creamy Curry Sauce
- Cranberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Dried Cranberry
- Eggplant Chickpea Stew
- Eggplants in Sesame Dressing
- Eggplant Lentil Salad
- Garlic Spinach
- Lentil Curry
- Miso Glazed Eggplant
- Palak Paneer
- Peach Salsa
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Roasted Vegetables
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Strawberry Popsicle
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tofu with Spicy Sauce
- White Bean Dip
- Wreath Salad