Fried shrimps coated with a sugar-free creamy sauce are paired with broccoli and crunchy walnuts. Walnut shrimps are a perfect main dish for a festive occasion such as the lunar new year.
Serving size: 6
Ingredients for Candied Walnut
- Walnut halves, 100 gram
- Water, 2 Tablespoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 2 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, pinch
- Avocado oil or other neutral tasting cooking oil
Ingredients for Walnut Shrimp
- Large shrimps, peeled and deveined, 450 gram
- Arrowroot flour, 1/3 Cup
- Mayonnaise, 3 Tablespoon
- Sweetened condensed milk, sugar free, 1/4 Cup
- Rice vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon
- Low-carb sweetener, 1 Tablespoon
- Broccoli, 1 head, cut into small florets
- Scallions, chopped, for garnish
Instructions for Walnut Shrimp
1.Pat dry peeled and deveined shrimps. Set aside.
2. In small pot, make a simple syrup for the candied walnut by mixing water, sweetener, and sea salt.
3. In a separate pot, heat cooking oil and deep fry walnut halves for a few minutes until a desired level of crunchiness is achieved. Take out and transfer the fried walnuts to the syrup and coat evenly. Take them out and set aside. Reserve the cooking oil for shrimps.
4.In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, rice vinegar, low carb sweetener to make a creamy sauce for the shrimps. Set aside.
5.Coat shrimps with arrowroot flour. Deep fry them in batches for a couple of minutes.
6.Mix the fried shrimps with the creamy sauce.
7. Bring water to a boil and sprinkle sea salt. Put broccoli in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Take them out and rinse with cold water immediately.
8. Arrange broccoli on a large serving plate and put the shrimps in the middle. Sprinkle candied walnuts and chopped scallions on top and serve.
Watch How to Make Walnut Shrimp
Other Chinese Recipes You Might Like
- Black Sesame Tang Yuan
- Broccoli Garlic
- Chicken Mung Bean Sprout Stir Fry
- Chili Shrimp
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Longevity Noodles
- Pan Fried Whole Fish
- Pea Tips Stir Fry
- Pepper Steak
- Salt and Pepper Fish
- Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Shrimp with Mung Bean Glass Noodle
- Stir Fried Bok Choy
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tangerine Beef